t is not easy to run a sports club and the Board is therefore happy that we can often rely on our army of volunteers. They put it a lot of effort or use their network for the benefit of the club. We’d like to call on this army again for 2023. VCC is looking to fill a number of vacancies. A treasurer, a welcome officer and a number of interior designers. Below you will find a description of what those functions entail.
The treasurer is part of the board and is responsible for the financial ins and outs of the association. For day-to-day accounting, there is an administrator with whom he/she frequently works. The treasurer’s core duties are:
- Attend board meetings
- Defining and monitoring financial policy VCC
- Keeping a complete bookkeeping (in collaboration with the administrator)
- Linked to this is a membership administration for finances
- Billing of all third-party and sponsor events
- Payroll administration (in collaboration with an external party)
- Preparation of the balance sheet and profit and loss account
- Prepare budgets
Fortunately, VCC is still very popular. This is expressed in many requests per year for information or concrete requests to become a member. We would like to guide those members well during their first introduction to VCC. Therefore we are looking for someone who can give potential new members the warmest welcome they could wish for. This is what you will do as a Welcome Officer:
- Handle requests for information via website, social media, email, etc.
- In consultation with the interested party, look at what information is needed and how it can be used for training
- Contact training group and coach to announce a new member is joining the training
- Follow up on people who have shown interest, to maximize their chances of joining
- Follow up to make sure a new member “lands” comfortably on a new team
We can count ourselves lucky with a beautiful accommodation. As board, however, we also regularly hear internally that the clubhouse can still be pimped up a bit. We have therefore defined that as a point for improvement, whereby we first want to focus on the improvements in terms of decoration. How do we make it more enjoyable and do we do justice to our (90-year) past? Do we want Boards of Honour, photos, prominent places for our honorary members and members of merit and ex-chairs, etc., etc. Do you have a thing for decoration and would you like to devise and implement a plan under the guidance of a board member? Then sign up..
For all positions you can contact Richard de Lange via email@example.com or call or send a Whatsapp message to 06 2124 8619.
This content is also available in: Nederlands