VCC is one of the bigger cricket clubs in The Netherlands and plays at the beautiful Wetsvliet ground where it has three grounds, one of which has a grass wicket (7 strips). Moreover, with a junior department that consists of more than 100 members (boys and girls) there is a strong foundation.
VCC 1 and VCC 2 is a group of young talented players that are looking for an experienced (playing or non-playing) coach that can help them improve their game. Although traditionally we look for overseas candidates, the VCC Board wants to offer anybody interested in The Netherlands the opportunity too to express his or her interest. In terms of continuity this may even be a very interesting option.
The coach will be contracted for the 2016 season. It would be a recommendation if he can also be available for the (latter part of the) winter period.
- Coaching and training the VCC-selection (15-20 men) on Tuesday and Friday night
- Make the line-up of the selection teams (VCC 1 and 2) in consultation with the Selection Committee
- Developing and implementing a technical policy
- Coaching VCC 1 during league matches (app. 25 matches played in the weekends)
- Manage and monitor the junior trainers
- Establish and execute individual development programs for talented junior players in close cooperation with junior coaches
- Create a culture of high performance around VCC 1
- Build a strong and homogenuous team with a VCC signature
- Driving license and ECB Level 2 or higher (or an accreditation that is equivalent)
- Team player
- Someone that connects people and cultures
- Capable of making people perform better (demonstrable)
- Communicator, sensitive to organisational developments
- Sets the standard and lives up to it
- Fluent in Dutch and/or English
- “Passionate about cricket”
Offer Apart from the financial offer that will depend on the qualifications of the candidate, VCC offers the candidate to work on a beautiful accommodation with a talented group of (young) players. The assignment for the period may-august will be for 10 hours per week.
Interested? Anyone who is interested can apply before December 1, 2015 to this email address. Please send a resume and your motivation to apply. For any questions please use the same e-mail address.